If you listen to the mainstream media, you probably think that red meat causes nothing but heart disease and early death.
Red meat is the best food in the world!
A nice fatty piece of steak provides the human body with all of the protein, fats, vitamins, and minerals that it needs.
Not to mention that the bodybuilding diet of the 1970s, which produced some of the greatest physiques of all time, consisted of lots of red meat and almost no carbs.
(Which is part of the reason why the carnivore diet is gaining so much popularity today)
Cooking Red Meat
In this post, I am going to give the perfect recipe for cooking a steak without using an outdoor grill.
Don’t get me wrong, I prefer grilling my meat, but at one point in my life, I didn’t have access to one for a long time.
So, I had to find a good alternative to making my favorite food… steak!
You Will Need
- 1 cast iron skillet
- Salt and pepper
- 1 New York strip steak or Ribeye Steak
Season your steak with a moderate amount of salt and pepper on both sides.
Let it stand outside of the refrigerator at room temperature for 20-25 minutes before cooking.
1) Place your cast iron skillet on a burner with the heat on a high setting.
2) Let the pan heat up for 5 minutes.
3) Add a large slice of butter and swish it around until it covers the entire surface of the pan.
4) Place your steak on the pan and lower the heat setting to medium.
5) Let the steak cook for 2 minutes on each side. Make sure you time it exactly! Either set your oven timer or use the timer on your smartphone.
6) Pick the steak up with your cooking utensil and sear all sides of the steak. This little trick cooks the edges and locks in juices and flavor.
7) Once all sides have been cooked and seared, place the pan in the oven at 350 degrees for 3 minutes.
8) Take the pan out of the oven (make sure you wear an oven mitt) and place your steak on a plate.
9) Cover your steak in aluminum foil for 10 minutes. This will allow it to cook a little more and let the juices from the meat settle.
10) Uncover your steak and transfer it to a new plate. Lots of juices should have accumulated on the first plate and you won’t want to make a mess while you enjoy your meal.
11) Enjoy your steak!
Note: If you don’t like any red in your steak, then leave it in the oven for 5 to 6 minutes and cook it on each side for 3 minutes.
From The Man Himself –